Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Dear TomTom

Assignment: Write about a Christmas gift you received.

Constantly spying, it follows me. My every location is instantly known. The only game I can play with this scrutinizing being is "hide and don't seek," in which you travel aimlessly in futile attempts to drive it crazy and lose track of your current whereabouts. Usually, the only way to win this game is to press the power button.
Deep down inside, I know that when I ignore its commands to "turn right after 400 feet," it is secretly crying and gnashing its little electronic teeth in anguish. "Oh stupid, pathetic human! Why won't you follow my every command? How could you be so sure of yourself, when only I know where you're going, while you do not?!"
Fortunately for me, I can mute it whenever I want, looking at the glowing screen at my own leisure, and only when I'm quite sure I am lost and need its divine guidance from the heavens. I am certain that this poor creature is silently weeping, because as it comes up with new and innovative ways to rescue me from certain doom, I reach over and power it down. I wonder if that's how God feels?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Type away, but remember the social skills you learned in kindergarten!