Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas merry?

So, yeah. I've noticed that things are becoming distinctly un-christmassy as of late. I suppose that has something to do with the fact that it just happens to be January 13. Who would've thunk it?

We spent Christmas at home this year, which was nice. Christmas not-at-home just isn't the same. Then for the rest of my precious, precious vacation, we stayed in Massachusetts.
Now, I had it pretty easy, as I was staying with my horsie aunt, who is my shorter, red-haired great-minds-think-alike buddy. However, Mom did not have it so easy. You see, she suffers from a general affliction called "genetic obligation," in which the sufferer's mind is twisted in such a way that they believe that, no matter how crazy or difficult your parents are, you should always stay at their house.
I love my grandparents, really, I do, but when I found out that my aunt was more than happy to have us stay at her house, I jumped for it. I believe in self-preservation. Apparently, Mom does not. I think it will be another few days before she is finished with her post-Christmas detox. Psychological warfare takes a few days to recover from.
~~~~~~
On another note, how pathetic is it that you've finally grown to enjoy life and appreciate the smaller things, yet you still feel an intense childhood jealously of your filthy-rich-but-in-denial 9 year-old cousins when they show you their horde of Christmas presents?
... and by "you," I mean "I"?
Grrrrr!

Calm down. Calm down. Think happy thoughts, and of Willie, who's better than any object and can love you back... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Type away, but remember the social skills you learned in kindergarten!